Re: [xsl] Likely a very stupid question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Likely a very stupid question
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:15:39 +0200
Joelle,

There are no stupid questions. Only stupid answers...
(but a more to the point subject line is preferred however)

What you are missing is the namespace. The XML you are referring to contains a namespace, but that namespace is nowhere to be found in your XSL file. Add it to the root xsl:stylesheet element with a prefix, and add that prefix to the select statements you make. Or add it without a prefix and leave your code as it is now (but that might put the html in the wrong namespace... I wouldn't recommend that).

For example:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:youth="xmlns="http://www.youthhood.org"";
[...]
<xsl:value-of select="youth:sitemap/youth:section/youth:id" />
[...]

As a hint: in 90% of the situation where you suddenly miss "all" your data in the output, it is a namespace mismatch or typo. Remember, the namespace must EXACTLY match, the ns prefixes however, are free to choose.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma
  http://www.nuntia.com

Joelle Tegwen wrote:

I get no values in my table, just the headers. I've even tried copying and pasting their code and just entering the corresponding code for my own document and I still get nothing.