[xsl] Error when switching to java 1.5

Subject: [xsl] Error when switching to java 1.5
From: footh <footh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
I am using an identity template that removes
namespaces in a Cocoon application that runs under
Tomcat.  Previously, I was using Java 1.4.2 but once I
switched to Java 1.5 I receive a null pointer
TransformerException.  Following is the identity
template that matches all nodes.  The error occurs on
the "apply-templates" tag.  On the "select" attribute,
the presence of the "@*" symbol causes the error.  If
I remove it, everything is fine.  However, then
attributes of nodes are not rendered.  Has anyone
encountered this problem before?  Any suggestions?

  <xsl:template match="*">
   <xsl:element name="{name()}"
namespace="{namespace-uri()}">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" />