[xsl] stumped on Safari

Subject: [xsl] stumped on Safari
From: Don Smith <dtsmithisogen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:24:44 -0800 (PST)
I've written an XSLT 1.0 transform to HTML that runs
in both IE and Safari. Everything works the way I want
in IE, but in Safari I've run into something I can't
figure out. We don't (normally) serialize the HTML,
but I've done so to make the example as simple as I
can for troubleshooting purposes.

We're using CSS to hide or show the initial cell in a
table row and javascript to give the user the ability
to choose which cell appears and which is hidden. Upon
the expand icon, "+", then the initial cell is hidden
and the second cell (formerly hidden) now appears.

The hide/show functionality works correctly except for
one thing: in Safari the intial cell in the row *moves
to the end of the row*. I cannot figure out why. The
styling for the cell is correct, and so is the
content. But the location in the row is wrong.

Something in the javascript must be causing this in
the HTML dom, but I don't have any idea what. I'd
appreciate any suggestions. Anyone interested in
seeing this please contact me directly and I'll send
you the zip file.

Don