RE: [xsl] document() function refuses http adresses

Subject: RE: [xsl] document() function refuses http adresses
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:23:27 -0000
As others have said, this is very configuration-dependent. Saxon relies
entirely on the URI connection handling code in the Java runtime, and as
George pointed out there are various system properties you can set to tell
this code how to get through proxy servers and the like.

As far as the specification is concerned, there is actually nothing in the
spec that says whether a processor should be able to handle any particular
form of URI. The statement in my book was more at the level "with most
implementations it's likely, once you've configured things correctly, that
you will be able to...". Clearly if the implementation is running behind a
strong enough firewall then this isn't going to work.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/