[xsl] How can I see the resulting XML structure after a transformation from one XML structure to another.

Subject: [xsl] How can I see the resulting XML structure after a transformation from one XML structure to another.
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:42:14 -0800 (PST)
I'm trying to perform a 2 step transformation in my JSP file. I have a XML
structure for a document where all links are under <document_links>, the XML
also contains <paragraph> nodes.

I want to transform this XML document so
that all nodes except <paragraph> nodes are in the transformed XML.

I want to
test if transforming from one XML structure to another was done correctly
before using the output of the transformation.

But there doesn't seem to be
a way in JSLT to see the xml node structure. I tried printing it with <x:out
but it only outputs the text values and not the xml nodes themselves.

I also
tried to see the output of the transformation by performing clien-side
transformation with IE6.0, but this transformation also shows only the text
nodes.

How can I see the *transformed XML structure* ?

For example:

I want
to transform the following XML structure
document.xml

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document>
<!--
   Commented out , used for IE6.0
transformation.
   <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="get_links.xsl"?>
-->
<document_links>
        <link>
            <id>1234</id>
<url><![CDATA[http://www.test.com]]></url>
        </link>
</document_links>
    <paragraph>
      <![CDATA[
      test text
      ]]>
</paragraph>
</document>

to this structure: (just trying to extract the XML
with the link nodes, excluding paragraph nodes)
<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
<document>
<!--
   Commented out , used for IE6.0
transformation.
   <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="get_links.xsl"?>
-->
<document_links>
        <link>
            <id>1234</id>
<url><![CDATA[http://www.test.com]]></url>
        </link>
</document_links>
</document>

This is the XSL:
get_links.xsl

<?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    <xsl:output method="xml"
omit-xml-declaration="no" indent="no"/>
    <xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates select="document"/>
    </xsl:template>
    <xsl:template
match="document">
       <document>
           <xsl:apply-templates
select="document_links"/>
       </document>
    </xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="document_links">
        <document-links>
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
        </document-links>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Snippet from JSP:

<c:import url="/document.xml"
var="xml"/>
<c:import url="/get_links.xsl" var="xsl"/>
<x:transform
xml="${xml}" xslt="${xsl}" var="links_xml"/>
<x:out select="$links_xml"/>

The
above <x:out only shows 1234 http://www.test.com  and not the XML structure.
I'm not sure if this is the right way to test the output of XML transformation
Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Rashmi