Re: [xsl] Xalan-J 2.6 cannot find my catalog

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan-J 2.6 cannot find my catalog
From: "Mark Peters" <flickrmeister@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:55:23 -0500
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed all the URI references in my
catalog file to file://C: etc.

For example:

<public publicId="-//IBM//DTD DITA Composite//EN"
         uri="file://C:/DITA-OT1.3/dtd/dita132/ditabase.dtd"/>

But the error remains:

"java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\sabadoc\ditabase.dtd (The system
cannot find the file specified)."

Do you or does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

On 11/15/06, Colin Adams <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From: "Mark Peters" <flickrmeister@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>The "catalogs" property points to my catalog file. And finally
>(whew!), this file references my DITA DTD:
>
><public publicId="-//IBM//DTD DITA Composite//EN"
>uri="C:/DITA-OT1.3/dtd/dita132/ditabase.dtd"></public>
>
>When I try to transform my XML doc with some basic XSL, Xalan replies
>with an error: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\sabadoc\ditabase.dtd
>(The system cannot find
>the file specified)."

I don't know if it is relevant, but the URI concerned looks doubtful to me.
You are using a URI scheme named C. You should be using the file scheme.

Maybe you are getting lucky on one machine, and the working directory is the
root?

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

--

Mark Peters