[xsl] Delimited string-value of elements / text nodes with XSLT 1.0?

Subject: [xsl] Delimited string-value of elements / text nodes with XSLT 1.0?
From: "B. S." <sbremal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:13:47 +0000
Hi,

This is a snippet of my input XHTML whose /html/body part needs to be extracted as text.

I would like to get this INCLUDING the spaces:

hello1 hello2 hello3 hello4 hello5

The only problem is that XSLT 1.0's value-of concatenates everything under /html/body WITHOUT allowing me to specify delimiter.

Is there any way to do this? (I'm using xsltproc with HTML input so XSLT 2.0 wouldn't be ideal...)

Do I need something recursive here? Note that the depth of the tree is unknown just like the order of text nodes and element nodes.

Cheers,
Balazs

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/