Re: [xsl] Standards checkers for XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Standards checkers for XSLT
From: Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:04:16 +1100
Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
Using a common and standard convention for representing dates helps significantly when manipulating date fields.

The standard format is CCYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+Z

Example:
2004-10-01T18:23:17+00:00

With this representation it's easier and manageable to sort date fields because it's a sortable value unlike a date represented in say MM/DD/YYYY format.

While displaying dates the XPath2.0 format-date function can be used to display the date in a particular locale.

There might be other benefits like add and subtract dates, but I haven't refered these functions.

I think we use YYYY-MM-DD (we don't handle timezones), but thanks for the tip.

-- Kamal Bhatt