[xsl] I'm trying to convert fixed width files to XML using the example

Subject: [xsl] I'm trying to convert fixed width files to XML using the example
From: "Murali P" <p.muralii@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:35:33 +0800
1) I'm trying to convert fixed width files to XML using the example
given in http://www.devx.com/getHelpOn/10MinuteSolution/20362

2) The example is a success but I'm trying to change it such that I do
not need to read from a local file and can instead read all imported
style sheets and input files from an InputStream or an in-memory
string object.

3) I'm using the javax.xml.transform API in J2SE.

4) Where an XSLT file has a statement like <xsl:import
href="FixedLengthRoutines.xsl" />, am I able to programmatically
instantiate a Transform object and pass in an InputStream of the said
imported XSLT file as a parameter? If I can, I would be able to avoid
writing the entire imported XSLT objects to the file system prior to
invoking the Transform method as I want to call my fixed width to XML
class remotely.

Regards, Murali