Re: [xsl] Using COUNT to create unique anchors

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using COUNT to create unique anchors
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:56:05 +0000
On 11/27/06, Austin, Darrel <Darrel.Austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm recursively going through my XML file to create a table of contents
for a document. I want to be able to link each item on the TOC to the
proper anchor later on the page.

[snip]

The 'easy' solution would be for me to just store the unique ID stored
in the database for each node within the XML itself, but I was wondering
if there was a solution on the XSL side of things before I recreate the
XML files.

Just use generate-id() - it's guaranteed to return the same value for the same node for a single transformation run.

So when you pass over your data to create your index, and then when
you pass over it a second time to do the actual transform, as long as
its all done as part of a single transform you can use generate-id()

cheers
andrew