Re: [xsl] Processing empty nodes in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Processing empty nodes in XSLT
From: Chris Griffin <listfeed@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:32:52 -0800
I don't have control over the processor that I'm sending this XML data to. :-(

On Nov 29, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Michael Kay wrote:

You need to re-educate the recipient of the XML that CDATA has no semantics.
If you can't do that, you need to write your own serializer.

Or perhaps you could output processing instructions <?start-cdata?> and
<?end-cdata?> and then postprocess the output to turn these into <! [CDATA[
and ]]> respectively.

Michael Kay http://www.saxonica.com/