Re: [xsl] variable rtf as querystring in document uri

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable rtf as querystring in document uri
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:47:04 GMT
> So ok..., how do one passes the string through the 'document' command
> without losing the markup. Do we not have to convert the markup first,
> before passing it into the document command.

well it depends, in the example you posted the url string that needed to
contain tags was just a constant variable in your input and I suggested
just changing that variable to have markup instead of element nodes.

If that was just an artifact of the way you simplified it for posting
and really your $url variable comes from some XML that is constructed
somewhere then you need to serialise it to a string.

some systems have extensions to do that, eg saxon8 has
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/serialize.html
(I can't remember if saxon6 had a similar one)
or you can apply templates in a mode that does serialisation
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/N10301.html#d13755e49
But if your xml is in a result tree fragment then you'll need to use
saxon (or exslt) node-set() extension before you can apply templates to
it.

David