Re: [xsl] How do I line up fo:block's side by side using coordinates ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I line up fo:block's side by side using coordinates ?
From: asbjornt <a.r.thorsen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:27:00 +0100
G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2006-12-03 17:23 +0100, asbjornt wrote:
I have a form with tables, check boxes and text areas that is preprinted.
I want to use xsl-fo and fop to make a pdf which matches this form. So
when I print out my pdf file at some printer, I hope to match the
preprinted document.

Fine.

I need the fo:block's to be lined up side by side

In XSL-FO a block is as wide as its parent area. Blocks cannot live beside each other on their own.

(hopefully without using tables)

I would use tables for this ... why do you hope not to use tables?

using coordinates and width to place the blocks' at the A4 sheet.

In the "Free resources" section of our web site you will see XSL-FO stylesheets for laying out business documents (e.g. invoice, purchase order, etc) following precise requirements for co-ordinates, height and width of table cells according to the United Nations Layout Key (UNLK).

How do I line up the fo:blocks like this ?

Using tables.

I hope this helps.

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc

Thank you for your help :-) It was really helpful. I will examine the
examples from your website closely. Thanks again.

I'm using Oreilly's xsl-fo book (and google ofcause) but is there any good
xsl-fo book / webpage that you could recommend for reading ?

Asbjxrn