[xsl] how to setting a param to a node list?

Subject: [xsl] how to setting a param to a node list?
From: "Sam Carleton" <scarleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:49:45 -0500
I am using Altova XMLSpy to do my editing and translation.  The final
target will be Microsoft .Net 2.0.  I had been using the engine built
into Altova XMLSpy without any problems (except 1 out of 4 times
XMLSpy crashes when I do a transformation, very strange).  So I
switched it to use MSXML, I have tired both the v4.0 and "Choose
version automatically" which I believe will use v6, which I think is
installed on my machine.  Either way, I get this error:

Reference to variable or parameter 'show' must evaluate to a node list.

show is a global parameter in the style sheet and currently looks like this:

 <xsl:param name="show">
   <showReplicates/>
   <showUnusedReplicates/>
   <showMetadata/>
   <showElectronicSignature/>
   <!--<showSummaryOnly/>-->
 </xsl:param>

Of course, in real life, the C#.Net code will be passing this node set
in as a parameter.  How do I set this node set correctly while I
develop the stylesheet for MSXML?

Sam
--
Miltonstreet Photography