Re: [xsl] Behavior of document() Function with Empty String

Subject: Re: [xsl] Behavior of document() Function with Empty String
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:23:33 GMT
> The document() function is a source of never-ending confusion for me.  As I
> understand it, the document() function should return the root node of the
> "current" stylesheet (the one which invoked the function).  Yet when I call
> it from within my Java web application, it causes an exception:

document() with no parameter at all would be a syntax error.
document('') is a request to load the ml file at the relatve URI ''
which is the current stylesheet, so long as the current stylesheet has
base URI which allows the relative uri '' to be resolved (the stylesheet
may nt have a uri if it has been constructed in memory. (Acually the RFC
has some special rules about '' which might mean it could resolve to the
current document even if that doesn't have a URI (I think) but I wouldn't
rely on that.

David