Re: [xsl] What todo when execution order becomes important? I.e.: with text data and filters

Subject: Re: [xsl] What todo when execution order becomes important? I.e.: with text data and filters
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:20:25 +0100
Abel Braaksma wrote:

So, I tried to make a small self-contained bogus project that can run on itself. The result you find below. It, however, does not proof my point in that the order of execution is of influence to the results when re-applying regular expressions and analyze-string to the same set of textual data.

With your information applied, I believe it is an error somewhere in the original project (likely), or a bug in Saxon (unlikely).

Fixed! Thanks to you guys, I reconsidered my approach, stuck to it, debugged it, found problems, solved them etc. It was the "likely" scenario: an ordinary, yet complex, bug.

Conclusion: though I thought for a moment that there were scenarios where the execution order would be influencing the results, this appeared not true, at least not when using recursive templates.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma