Re: [xsl] units of measure and conversion in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] units of measure and conversion in XSLT
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:28:27 +0100
Hi Ms,

Try google. Wikipedia has a page with some general hints about the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_of_units

If with "px" you mean pixels, it will be a bit hard, because it is not really a unit of length, but more a unit for a screen. A pixel size can vary wildly, so you will have to define that yourself. Equalling it to the point might give some workable results.

In XSLT: use the multiply operatorL "*". You may need to convert strings to numbers, which you can do with the number() function.

Cheers,
-- Abel

ms wrote:
Hi:

I had a question about units of measure and converting
from one unit to another for XSLT.
How can I convert cm, in, mm into pt and px.

Thanks in advance for your help.