Re: [xsl] Dynamic numbering of lists in xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic numbering of lists in xslt
From: Alexey Nickolaenkov <nikolaenkov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:12:06 +0300
yes.

xn> Hi:

xn> I am a newbie to xslt and XSLFO. I have to do a numbering which offers the
xn> flexibility to reorder elements if an element in between is being removed.

xn> I will try to demonstrate with an example input.

xn> <chapter1>
xn>    <section>first section<section>
xn> </chapter1>
xn> <chapter1>
xn>   <section>second section</section>
xn> </chapter1>
xn> <chapter1>
xn>   <section>third section</section>
xn> </chapter1>
xn> <chapter1>
xn>   <section>fourth section</section>
xn> </chapter1>

xn> So, I want my output to look like

xn> 1. first section
xn> 2. second section
xn> 3. third section
xn> 4. fourth section

xn> and so on. Suppose one chapter1 element is removed in between, lets say
xn> second section, then the numbering should reset itself so that now the
xn> output looks like:

xn> 1. first section
xn> 2. third section
xn> 3. fourth section

xn> Is it possible to achieve this in xslt and XSLFO?

xn> Please do let me know.

xn> Thanks

--
Alexey                            mailto:alexey.nikolaenkov@xxxxxxxxxxxx