Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:11:14 -0500
At 3:58 PM +0100 1/23/07, Florent Georges wrote:
Can we now assume XSLT 2.0 by default on XSL List ?-)

I know you were joking, but I think I must respond. The answer, of course, is no. For several reasons:

  - many of our questions are from people who are new to XSL and who may
    not know that there are two versions and who may be using whatever
    came to hand first

  - XSLT 1.0 is widely used and the transition to XSLT 2.0 is not without
    cost (and pain). So, many will continue to use 1.0 - possibly for a
    long time.

  - we have not (yet) seen the hoped-for flood of XSLT 2.0 tools, which
    means that some will be cautious about adopting it

Congratulations to all the WG,

Absolutely!

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML