Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:54:23 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:
If you _want_ to merge multiple stylesheet files in a way that priority
has effect use xsl:include rather than xsl:import (I think that's
probably the main reason why there is both xsl:import and xsl:include)

Thanks for the background info. I imagine indeed that it'd be awkward to have to add priority="1000" every time you are not sure if there is a higher priority match.

About xsl:include. I do use that, but unfortunately, it has been decided that xsl:variable and xsl:param cannot appear on the same level. Meaning, if you have a stylesheet of which you want a) override/combine a template by priority, not precedence and b) override a parameter, you are out of luck.