Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:20:21 +0000
On 1/24/07, Elliotte Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't need to ask. I know why the classpath is broken. I know what the
problems are. I have written about them in great detail. I have taught
many people to use Java, and I have seen the problems the classpath
causes for beginners. I have been paid thousands of dollars to fix
problems professionals have with the classpath.

Fortunately Sun (finally) has acknowledged that the classpath is a
clusterfuck, and is working on a new system for Java 7. I hope it works,
this time; though they've tried to fix it in the past and haven't gotten
it right yet. We shall see.

Maybe Sun could direct a few thousand dollars your way and then you can fix the classpath problems.

This has to have been the worse thread ever...  the announcement most
people have been waiting for has turned into "the classpath is
rubbish".

I'm going to carry on using Saxon every day (as I have done for the
last 6 or so years without problem) - using all the great new XSLT 2.0
features.  More and more work comes my way because of what I can do
with someone's XML, and how quickly I can do it.

Stick with xsltproc.  You'll have to work that much harder in your
XSLT, but at least you won't have to worry about the classpath...