[xsl] xslt (multi) threading or parallelized execution

Subject: [xsl] xslt (multi) threading or parallelized execution
From: "Peter Rushforth" <peter.rushforth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:27:20 -0500
Hi List,

I've Googled and can't come up with much on this so I thought I would
put it to this list to see if there are any developments or new
thoughts on the topic parallel processing of XSLT stylesheet
templates.

Are we likely to see improved performance of XSLT (2!)  in the (near) future,
given the declarative nature of the language as a result of threaded
execution of a single stylesheet?  Once a system has devoted the
memory resources to parsing an xml document, it would seem a shame to
limit processing of that static structure to one core if many could be
used to speed the processing up.  Or does one have to have a language
which syntactically supports multithreading?

Given the ability to model just about anything in
XML, XSLT can be used to process just about any kind of data.  It is
limited by memory and speed, from what I've seen.  Could the speed
factor be addressed by threading ?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Cheers,

Peter