Re: [xsl] PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:23:11 +0100
mark bordelon wrote:
Dave, thanks for the quick reply. This did not work.
It transformed to the following using Altova version
2007:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><word
soundtime="preceding-sibling::sound[1]/@time"/>ja<word
soundtime="preceding-sibling::sound[1]/@time"/>ty<word

Dave forgot the { } parenthesis, which of course must be added.

A note on Altova 2007: it contains many bugs and is far from XSLT 2 REC compliant (from my own experience). What is worse is that there is very little information on their site about what they do and do not support and their whitespace handling is downright awkward, causing count() and [1] etc to return the wrong values. I soon dropped it. Saxon 8.8 is free and has much better conformance level.