Re: [xsl] Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence exception while transforming

Subject: Re: [xsl] Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence exception while transforming
From: Owen Rees <owen.rees@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:37:44 +0000
--On 02 February 2007 14:47 +0530 Pankaj Bishnoi wrote:

         I am using Xalan2.7.0 for transformation. I am getting a
"MalformedByteSequenceException:: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence"
exception while transforming a xml file. The encoding defined in input xml
is ISO-8859-1.

That message (and the stack trace) indicate that the XML parser is treating the input as UTF-8.

When you say "The encoding defined in input xml is ISO-8859-1." do you mean that the XML starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>, that the data in the file is encoded in ISO-8859-1 or both?

Is the file being delivered by some mechanism that specifies the encoding (HTTP can do that)? If so, what encoding is specified?

--
Owen Rees
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK