RE: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0
From: "Houghton,Andrew" <houghtoa@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:37:17 -0500

What I found interesting about the announcement was that they pointed
people to an open source and commercial product who urgently need an
XSL 2.0 implementation.  This is a significant change in culture at
Microsoft.  Most people who urgently needed an XSL 2.0 implementation,
are already are using Saxon .NET, thanks much for the port Saxonica.

What I would like to see though, is Saxonica and Microsoft working
together to develop a plugable XSL infrastructure, like is available
in the Java world.  So when XSL 3.0 comes around, one can swap out
implementations without having to rewrite code.

Andy.