[xsl] xsltproc segmentation fault / was: Re: [xsl] Newbie question on XSL transformations

Subject: [xsl] xsltproc segmentation fault / was: Re: [xsl] Newbie question on XSL transformations
From: Yves Forkl <Y.Forkl@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:29:51 +0100
Rob Newman wrote:

{hostname}123%> xsltproc -v -o output.xml transform.xsl input.xml
creating dictionary for stylesheet
reusing dictionary from transform.xsl for stylesheet
Added namespace: xsl mapped to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
Segmentation fault

Checking the version of xsltproc results in:

{hostname} 124%> xsltproc -V
Using libxml 20627, libxslt 10109 and libexslt 807
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20612, libxslt 10109 and libexslt 807
libxslt 10109 was compiled against libxml 20612
libexslt 807 was compiled against libxml 20612

Am I using an out-of-date/invalid version?

Maybe - these lines say that that you are using the libxml library in version 20627, but xsltproc was compiled against its version 20612. I'm no expert, but my experience with libxml/xsltproc is that these version numbers should match, as well as for libxslt and libexslt, but there is no problem in your case. (Yet I have to admit having discovered that I am currently using xsltproc compiled against libxml 20609 with libxml 20608, but this minor discrepancy does not seem to hurt it.)

I recommend you upgrade your installation, look around at http://xmlsoft.org/ .

xsltproc worked quite well for me (put aside some nasty bugs like the one that affects processing of XHTML) - until I switched to XSLT 2.0 which xsltproc can't process (yet).

Yves

P.S.: Sorry for discussing this here instead of in the product's support forums.