Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:22:11 +0100 (CET)
Abel Braaksma wrote:

  Hi

> The issue is this: I have a function that generates some
> nodes based on some strings and these nodes must receive a
> unique ID/IDREF value. Normally, one would use
> generate-id(), but inside a function (or inside anything
> that does not have a context node), generate-id() will
> fail.

  The point is that generate-id() is not a random string
generator.  It generates an ID based on a node, always the
same ID for the same node.  If you call it without argument,
the context item is used (which is indeed not possible in a
function definition).

  If you can't use extension functions nor pass a reference
node to the function, I'm afraid you are out of luck here.

  Regards,

--drkm

Dicouvrez une nouvelle fagon d'obtenir des riponses ` toutes vos questions !
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expiriences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Riponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com