RE: [xsl] client-side ajax & xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] client-side ajax & xslt
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:55:11 +0000
Erik

Reading your question I'm not completely sure if you want to use Ajax and server-side transformations or client-side ones, Sarissa is a cross-browser client-side XML/XSLT framework.
I tend to avoid client-side transforma unless I know that they are extremely simple or I know there is only one target browser, an intranet for example.

I have done something similar to what you describe in ASP.NET but all the transformations have been done server-side albeit via Ajax. To be fair it was only tested in Internet Explorer and Firefox for the full functionality, for other browsers it just used a full page refresh to show the new data.

Joe