Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?
From: Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:59:08 +1100
John Horner wrote:
This may be a weird question, but what do you see in your mind's eye
when you imagine an XSL transformation happening?
I've asked various people this and got some interesting answers.

Of course, you may not have a "visual" of the process, which is fine.
But I'm a visually-oriented person and having that kind of
representation of what's going on helps me think through problems.
Don't have a visual view of XSLTs, but whenever I think of recursion (which I do a lot with XSLT) the Ouroboros[1] comes to mind.

May be there is a subconscious visual image I have of XSLT, but I have never thought about it long enough to make it conscious.

I also like to think of XSLTs like a messaging system (with a match like a message). When I first started, I would think of AWK.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

--
Kamal Bhatt