Re: [xsl] finding position() in xpath 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] finding position() in xpath 1.0
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:02:23 +0100
Frank Marent wrote:

results error 'Axis in pattern must be child or attribute'?

Ah, now you're changing the original inquiry ;)
This is a match pattern, which does not work the same a select pattern. But I now understand why you did not want the variables in there.

However, why not reverse the logic? I.e., something like:

<xsl:apply-template select="davids-or-my-xpath-here"  mode="special" />
<xsl:template match="CELL" mode="special" >
  ...do whatever you need to do ...
<xsl:template>

where you use modes to distinguish between 'normal' CELLs and this special type of CELL.

-- Abel