Re: [xsl] Question Regarding the display of <a> tag from XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question Regarding the display of <a> tag from XML
From: Steve <subsume@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:47:52 -0400
use copy-of instead of value-of =)

If you think about it, <a>, while its still HTML, its also legitimate XML.

-Steve

On 3/21/07, Tim Golen <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to the group, and fairly new to XSL.  I'm using XML version 1.0 and
XSL version 1.0.  I'm building a site with PHP and I have a message stored
in a MySQL database that I'm trying to display to the user.  This is what
the message looks like in the database:

One of the swarms you have joined called "Whiskies Cat Food" has entered a
bid battle.  To view this swarm, click <a
href="index.php?module=swarm&amp;action=view&amp;swarmId=1">here</a>.

My xml looks like this:

<message>
                <from>Whiskies Cat Food</from>
                <subject>Swarm In Bid Battle!</subject>
                <timeSent>20070321113046</timeSent>
                <message><![CDATA[One of the swarms you have joined called
"Whiskies Cat Food" has entered a bid battle.  To view this swarm, click <a
href="index.php?module=swarm&amp;action=view&amp;swarmId=1">here</a>.]]></me
ssage>

<deleteUrl>index.php?module=myeswarm&amp;action=deleteMessage&amp;messageId=
35</deleteUrl>
</message>

Unfortunately the XSL displays it exactly as what's in the database, and the
anchor tags don't become a link.  If I remove the  <![CDATA[]]> from the XML
the XSL just displays the message as the following and throws out the anchor
tags completely:

One of the swarms you have joined called "Whiskies Cat Food" has entered a
bid battle.  To view this swarm, click here.

Can you help me to get the anchor tag to display as an actual link that can
be clicked on?
Thanks,
Tim