Re: [xsl] I need to make sure that all namespace declarations get output to a particular element, not the document element

Subject: Re: [xsl] I need to make sure that all namespace declarations get output to a particular element, not the document element
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:14:45 +0100
Actually I got another email where Lars Opermann, the fellow doing the
code inspection, says that he doesn't think that is what it's doing
after all, but if it were this would explain 90% of the problem I'm
having, although I would still be in the dark as to why when I have
<in:Invoice> with the in prefix declared further up in the document
and I submit the xform via  a put to the filesystem what comes out is
<:Invoice> instead of just a message box with message "The in prefix
has not been declared."

But hopefully will be able to come to a solution tonight or tomorrow
on these issues.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen.

On 3/22/07, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... Consequently, any namespaces that are declared
> further up in the full document tree are not available to the
> processor.

That's an appalling design error.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/