Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's your visual metaphor for XSL Transformations?
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:03:52 +0100 (CET)
Mukul Gandhi wrote:

  Hi

> I think recursion is implemented (by compiler / interpreter / or,
> XSLT
> processor) using some kind of stack.
> 1) Each time a method is called, the method is pushed on the stack.
> 2) Each time the method returns, the method is popped off the stack.
> 3) If a method calls itself recursively, another copy of the method
> is
> pushed onto the stack.

> If you understand how stack works, you can easily visualize
> recursion.

  I think this is pretty true for the general case.  One well-known
exception to this (there are maybe others, but I don't know them) is
the tail-recursion.

  If the recursive call of your recursive function (or template, or
method or whatever) is at the very end of the function's body, there is
an optimisation opportunity.  The processor can reuse the stackframe
instead of pushing a new one at the top of the stack (depending maybe
on some rewritings of the code, I don't know).

  Regards,

--drkm

Dicouvrez une nouvelle fagon d'obtenir des riponses ` toutes vos questions !
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expiriences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Riponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com