Re: [xsl] Flagging records that don't match a particular pattern

Subject: Re: [xsl] Flagging records that don't match a particular pattern
From: "Grant Slade" <grant.slade@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:33:35 -0600
Thanks Michael - never done something like that before but I will see
where that leads me.

On 3/28/07, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been investigating using xsl:message to try and
> capture problems in my stylesheet.  I find that it does send
> a message to the processor, but I'm unsure how to capture
> that message within the Java application.  Is that possible?

By default in Saxon the output of xsl:message is formatted and sent to
System.err. From Java you can either change the outputstream that it writes
to, or you can nominate your own listener class to be notified of
xsl:message output -

((Controller)transformer).setMessageEmitter(receiver);

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/