RE: [xsl] concatenate multiple attribute values and assign it to another attribute

Subject: RE: [xsl] concatenate multiple attribute values and assign it to another attribute
From: "Shaikh, Parvez" <Parvez.Shaikh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:53:29 -0400
The reason I did that change was when I change it to testnode instead of
//testnode it does not output anything of testnode. Please note that
this is
a part of a big xsl stylesheet that I am using.
It begins as
<xsl:template
match="/">
    <erpayload>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="//erpayload/*

//erpayload/purchasing/*"/>
    </erpayload>
  </xsl:template>
testnode is at erpayload/purchasing/testnode

I cannot change this as it
affects many other xml forms

> based on michael kay response or abels response if I
do, the problem
is
> I get 4 outputs of testnode
> i.e
>
> <testnode
att1="1,2,3,4" att2="a,b,c,d" />
> <testnode att1="1,2,3,4" att2="a,b,c,d" />
> <testnode att1="1,2,3,4" att2="a,b,c,d" />
> <testnode att1="1,2,3,4"
att2="a,b,c,d" />

> I want it to output only once.
> This is what I
have done based on michaels response. The following is
> portion of the
xslt file I have.

>  <xsl:template match="//testnode">
>    <testnode>

This is not how (we / I) suggested it. You are matching for each and
every testnode here (it is never needed to have a match="//xyz", use
match="xyz" instead, which acts equally), of course you will create a
new
node each time a 'testnode' is encountered. This is the reverse of
our
solutions.

Please try our examples, they work 'out of the box' with the
input you
gave us, and go from there.
--~--
The information contained in this
transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the
use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, any review, dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies
of the original message. Please note that we do not accept
account orders
and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible
for
carrying out such orders and/or instructions.  If you, as the intended
recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our
clients, prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services
and products, would not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from
the sender, please "reply" to the
sender indicating your wishes.  In the
U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
NY 10105.