Re: [xsl] xpath analyser in XSL-T 1 or 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath analyser in XSL-T 1 or 2
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:55:17 +0100
> I'm currently looking to see if anyone has every made an XPath
> analyser in XSL-T either version that would do the following:

writing an xpath parser in xslt (even 2.0) would be a bit tiresome (but
someone will no doubt do it)  an alternative is used in the xqxml
system (http://monet.nag.co.uk/xq2xml//index.html)
is to call out to an external xpath (xquery) parser which returns an xml
view of the parse tree, which can then be analysed/transformed at will
within an XSL stylsheet,

see also Michael's comments re xqueryx (the xml syntax of xquery)

http://saxonica.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2007/1/20/2665644.html

David