Re: [xsl] Selecting content via attribute presence.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Selecting content via attribute presence.
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:06:38 +0300
Hi Ben,

You do not need an if. If your expression selects nothing then you will not get anything inserted. For instance

<xsl:value-of select="noSuchElementInTheDocument"/>

will not insert anything in the output if there is no such element in the file.

In this case you should consider using a key to access the information, match on the revision list items and use the revision id to select the item.

Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Ben Trafford wrote:

Hi!

I've got a document that has a RevisionID IDREF implied on every element. It may or may not be present. -If- it's present, it has a corresponding ID on an item in a RevisionList at the end of the document.

What I want my stylesheet to do is check for the existence of the RevisionID on each element, and if it finds it, insert the value of the element content with the corresponding ID found at the end of the document. And I know I could do this with an xsl:if statement on every element, but there's got to be a better way to do it.

Advice would be appreciated!

(And yes, for those who are curious, I'm trying to basically enable change-tracking via stylesheets. It's pretty cool!)

--->Ben