Re: [xsl] Condition Based Count of Sections

Subject: Re: [xsl] Condition Based Count of Sections
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:04:04 +0200
Michael Kay wrote:
This is an area, incidentally, where as far as I can see there's no great
advantage in using XSLT 2.0 rather than 1.0. And contrary to what Abel said,
I think there's nothing in my stylesheet that depends on XSLT 2.0.

You are correct, of course. I thought the level "any" was added in XSLT 2.0, but it isn't (I see now that the biggest changes in xsl:number are 'select' attribute and formatting).

My example of by adjusting the pattern for removing sect2 or sect3 from the counting when the parent is resp. sect1 or sect2 without any p elements used parentheses in an XSLT 2.0-only way:

../(sect1 | sect2)/p