Re: [xsl] check the type of the $pattern argument to a regular expression?

Subject: Re: [xsl] check the type of the $pattern argument to a regular expression?
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:22:44 +0200
Hi,

I think I was probably imprecise in my earlier post. matches and the
other regular expressions functions can raise errors (either static or
dynamic, from my reading of the spec) if the pattern parameter of the
function does not conform to the syntactical rules for Regular
Expressions. This is basically a typing problem. Other common typing
problems in XSLT 2 are solved by using castable, but regular
expression patterns are not castable the way dates or integers are
(also by reading of spec, but it seems pretty clear cut they wouldn't
be), thus I cannot check if a regular expression pattern actually
conforms to syntactical expectations before performing the check.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions around this problem, or
if my reading of the problem was incorrect (which it certainly may be)

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen