Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:33:27 -0400
At 10:57 AM -0700 4/16/07, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
So, is XSLT dead?

Well, in a way it is. XSLT is so well established that it is completely mainstream, and the cool kids don't talk about it any more. They (and we non-cool kids) are making increasing use of XSLT, but we now take it pretty much for granted.

Sort of like ball-point pens. They are so mainstream that practically nobody talks about them - they certainly won't get a mention in any list of exciting technology you might want to invest in. (On the other hand, all the cool kids who are advising that we invest in exciting new things have ball-point pens in their pockets or desks.)

So, is XSLT dead? Yes, it is so boring it is dead.

So, is XSLT dead? No, use is growing quickly.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML