Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Dead?
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:10:36 -0400
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:57:49 -0400, Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/17/07, Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I mean a comment like, "if it is XML, it should be transformed with
XSL..." It just seems wrong.

Well, there's a flip-side to all of this, and that is controlling the output itself. The OP talked about a plugin / drag'n'drop thing / bought widget that spits out (I assume) HTML of sorts, vs. making it through XSLT. For me, as the owner of the interface layer, it's imperative for me to control the HTML, and also being a standards-wonk, I strive to use XHTML 1.0 Strict wherever I can. As such I can almost guarantee that the bought version will be sub-par HTML (in fact, most of them will be down-right crap). When buying I always have to look for XHTML 1.0 guaranteed output, limiting my options quite dramatically. With me doing the XSLT I can control that output down to a fine art, enhancing the UI, and generally make peace on earth and solving world hunger.

Mmmm, lunch-time.

... my company:

http://livestoryboard.com

-Rob