Re: [xsl] How Can I Reference previous XML in Subsequent Iterations?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How Can I Reference previous XML in Subsequent Iterations?
From: Nic James Ferrier <nferrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:02:34 +0100
mulberry-xsl@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> As I mentioned, I'm transforming these **inline**, so that means
> that I need to make the styles actual "style" attributes, not class
> references. I may have three different spreadsheets on one Wiki
> page; each, with its own view of how a number should be formatted.

What do you mean by "inline". For the styles why can't you simply
create an xml document which turns itself into CSS and then use
classes?

Not sure why "inline" prevents that.

> It seems, from my previous research, that there is no way for XSLT
> to store persistent information. "Variables" are about as close as
> it comes, and I might be able to do it with them, but they are very,
> very stiff, primitive and awkward.

No. XSLT is a functional language. It's very powerful. You can't
assign to variables... but then again, you don't need to.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk