Re: [xsl] XSLT Text Processing: Fun with Anagrams

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Text Processing: Fun with Anagrams
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:20:28 -0700
PS: if you were looking for things not done in XSLT (yet), consider a
random quote-chooser, where the input are several (xhtml) sites that
offer quotes and you pick one randomly. Hmm, not that challenging. Never
mind ;)

Why should this be a challenge? See:

  "Casting the Dice with FXSL: Random Number Generation Functions in XSLT"
at:
   http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/Random/Casting%20the%20Dice%20with%20FXSL-htm.htm

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On 4/18/07, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
> While some people here have been busy discussing whether XSLT were
> dead or not, I had a better idea just to use XSLT and continue having
> fun with it, as always.
>
> For those, who might be interested in how (what seems to be the last
> remaining white spot n text processing with XSLT) anagrams can be
> generated with XSLT, here is the link:
>
>   http://dnovatchev.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!44B0A32C2CCF7488!357.entry
>

> Do Enjoy!

I like this! I think it is over a year ago that I wanted to do something similar, but back then I failed to do it simply and easily and I dropped it. This surely is a way to show how powerful XSLT can be!

Cheers,
-- Abel