Re: [xsl] Enforcing element order

Subject: Re: [xsl] Enforcing element order
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 00:49:55 +0100
>  It is way too complicated to explain every bit here and that is the
> reason I am trying to just concentrate on the issue.

but unfortunately the problem description is somewhat vague and the
solution may not be related to the issue that your code samples are
concentrating on.

The only part of your problem that I think I understand is:
> The images appearing after <l1> need to be displayd
> with a seperate footer

I'dusually approach that something like

<!-- rempve any imaages following ll from the main text flow -->
<xsl:template match="image[preceding::ll]"/>

so your top level template can be something like

<fo:page-sequence>
<xsl;apply-templates/>
</fo:page-sequence>
<fo:page-sequence>
<xsl:for-each select="//ll/following::image">
</xsl:for-each>
</fo:page-sequence>

with two page sequences, one for most stuff and one for mages following
ll.

<xsl:when test="*[self::image[following -sibling:
 :table] or
 self::image[ following- sibling:: text] or
 self::image] ">

That is the same thing as

<xsl:when test="image[following-sibling: :table] or
following-sibling::text] or  self::image] ">

but because of the last clause, the predicate is always true, so it is
the same thing as

<xsl:when test="image"

You haven't said what you want to happen to the text after your ll
element, does that also go into the second page sewuence, perhaps you
wnat something simpler like

<fo:page-sequence>
  <xsl:apply-template select="ll/preceding-sibling::*">
</fo:page-sequence>
<fo:page-sequence>
  <xsl:apply-template select="ll/following-sibling::*">
</fo:page-sequence>

> IS there any way to test for closing tags of </l1> or
> is there nay other different approach to this issue.

you've been on this list long enough to know that XSLT has no access to
the tags in the document.

David