[xsl] xsl:key and document() loading external files.

Subject: [xsl] xsl:key and document() loading external files.
From: Dale Tan <wtdtan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:38:02 -0400
I'm trying to use xsl:key while loading in external xml documents in my xsl.
However, when i put

<xsl:key name="c" match="page" use="@id" />

in my stylesheet along with this in my xml doc:

<content>
   <page id="1" file="folder/file1.xml" />
   <page id="2" file="folder/file2.xml" />
   <page id="3" file="folder/file3.xml" />
</content>

without even calling the key() function, i get this error:

*Warning*: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() [function.XSLTProcessor-transformToXml <http://dev.whatthedale.com/function.XSLTProcessor-transformToXml>]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "section/file1.xml" in */home/dev.whatthedale.com/index.php* on line *49

*and so forth for all files I am trying to call.

but when i remove the xsl:key from the stylesheet, the page loads fine and looks great. That doesn't really help because I would prefer to use keys to get to my nodes quicker and with less xsl programming involved.

is there something I am not putting into my stylesheet that enables keys and the document() function to co-exist in my stylesheet?
At work i have been successful in implementing keys and using the document() function in the same stylesheet. But that is on a windows box.
I am working on a dreamhost system, php 5.2.1. I am either using the sablotron processor or libxslt, but am not 100% sure. I know that sounds a little silly, but I don't knew which proecessor i am using to transform my stylesheets. if anyone knows which i am using, please feel free to enlighten me.

why would I be getting that error and not have my xml documents load up into my page?

thanks
dale