Re: [xsl] Calling a java method in XSL 1.0 with Saxon 6.5.5 fails

Subject: Re: [xsl] Calling a java method in XSL 1.0 with Saxon 6.5.5 fails
From: Kai Hackemesser <kaha@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:57:30 +0200
Michael Kay schrieb:
The requirements are: It has to run with pure JDK 1.4.2 and there it is used, isn't it?

Both Saxon 6.5.5 and Saxon 8.9.0.3 will run on pure JDK 1.4.2, so that requirement doesn't lead you to either one or the other.

Using Saxon 6.5.5 is fine if you have a good reason: I was merely suggesting
that you might like to examine whether you do have a good reason.

Ok, I learned recently, that Saxon isn't implemented in JDK 1.4.2 but Xalan. The requirement is avoiding additional libraries as far as possible. Means I can't use anything where I have to argue about adding another library at first. Pure JDK 1.4.2 means virtually nothing what isn't inside of rt.jar by default. Beside of the company written code, of course.

Ciao!
Kai