Re: [xsl] Tutorial for collection()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Tutorial for collection()
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:54:27 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:

You are using the prefix there to denote which spec defines each
function, but I think that's confusing use, as they are all in the same
namespace.

I somehow agree but picked up the idea from Michael Kay here: http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/functions/intro.html I will think about it.

document() can load many documents at one time, even in xslt 1.0. Even
Given a suitable URI resolver, it can load documents not known at
xslt-compile time, such as "all xml files in a directory".

This is news to me. Would it work when transforming in an XML Editor? Example please.

And as noted above, as implemented in saxon collection URIs are not
really regular expressions.

I have also noted that the Saxon implementation uses a somewhat strange combination of wild cards and REGEX syntax. That is way I say "wild cards and REGEX syntax" several times in the tutorial. My tutorial originally had a section with the title "Pseudo REGEX" explaining it. But I deleted it the last minute before publication to make tutorial shorter and more to the point.

Cheers,

Jesper Tverskov
http://www.xmlplease.com/xslt