Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:44:53 -0600
On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:27:08 -0600, Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Opera is the only browser that allow JS transforms but not the document
function. Whats up with that?

Excellent question ;-)

Personally, I have stopped using Opera (whereas I was probably one of
the few who actually did use it).

I still use it as my primary browser, but that will eventually have to change if support for the document function is delayed much longer. I can't delay the release of the Atomictalk[1] client-side XSLT-based MVC framework for too much longer, and while it presently works just peachy inside of Opera[2], this is only because I have been building the code base w/o it to ensure that everything worked properly inside of Opera (it does) before extracting all of the "views" and "models" into their own module files, taking *FULL* advantage of browser caching to ensure only the views and data sources and their respective mappings/bindings necessary to build out each page are accessed at runtime.

As soon as the project is ready to be launched in a v0.1 format (it's ready now, as a matter of fact, though would like to finish out a few more features before I launch it) then support for Opera, unfortunately, will have to be dropped until such time as support for the document function makes it into at very least a weekly build.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/atomictalk/
[2] http://test.atomictalk.org/ (< lame demo. view source to gain greater insight in regards to whats under the covers.)

--
/M:D