Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:56:41 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:
this['node-set'] = fu

aha I was trying to google last night to see if there was a way of quoting function names with otherwise illegal characters, didn't find anything, I assume that's what I was looking for.

These are called "Associative Arrays" in Java/EcmaScript. Libraries like Prototype.js are largely build on the possibilities that ass. arrays give to programmers (esp. in conjunction with methods/functions and closures), but for a long time, these features have received rather little attention (not sure why, they've been there since the beginning). IIRC, these are the equivalent of hashes in Perl.

-- Abel Braaksma