Re: [xsl] Getting a list of node Text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting a list of node Text()
From: "Abel Braaksma (online)" <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:20:05 +0200 (CEST)
> In this case the data is coming out of a FileMaker database, so I've
> just got to hope that they improve the situation in the future.
> They're using the Xalan C++ implementation so anything like EXSLT or
> XSLT2 seems to be a way off unfortunately.  Because I'm using the
> built in XSLT processor, I'm stuck with their choice until I program
> my own processing functions, and that's not likely to happen in the
> near future.

You can use EXSLT with Xalan with no pain (well, it seems to require
the jar... but some are implemented natively in xsltc):
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions_xsltc.html#exslt_ext

unfortunately, Xalan does not include the exslt str:replace()
function (but does support all other string functions), so you're
back where you started. However, there is a native implementation
for node-set, which should help you with many other xslt 1 related
problems.

Cheers,
-- Abel